Adverbs of Frequency
Adverbs of Frequency
An adverb of frequency tells us how often something takes place. We often place adverbs of frequency in these positions.
An adverb of frequency tells us how often something takes place. We often place adverbs of frequency in these positions.
| Adverbs of frequency | Example |
| 100% | Always |
| |
| 90% | Usually | I usually come home after school. | |
| 80% | Normally/ Generally | I normally swim after work. | |
| 70% | Often/ Frequently | I often spend Christmas with friends | |
| 50% | Sometimes | I sometimes play tennis on the weekend. | |
| 30% | Occasionally | I occasionally eat Vietnamese food | |
| 10% | Seldom | I seldom go to the library. | |
| 5% | Rarely / Hardly ever |
| |
| 0% | Never | I never listen to rock music. |
| Positions | Examples |
| At the beginning of the sentence | Occasionally, often, sometimes, usually, always, … Always wash your hands before the meal! Often he walked. Sometimes I go skating. |
| At the end of the sentence | Frequently, occasionally, sometimes, often, … We read books occasionally. They like to watch TV often. We go to school by bike sometimes. |
| Between the subject and the main verb | Always, often, usually, seldom, rarely, never, … Do you often go to the cinema? I sometimes watch Chinese films. She never eats vegetables. I always read comic books. They rarely watch music channels. |
| Immediately after the verb “to be“ | Always, often, usually, seldom, rarely, never, … I am always worried about my study result. She is usually very happy. I have never done anything bad. She is always cooking spaghetti. You are seldom anxious about my health. |

Comments
Post a Comment